Comment are off
Three: Improving the Media Environment
The Goals of this Pillar include:
- Urging governments to adopt more open policies towards free media, and working with parliament to review and ratify alternative laws that protect media freedom and conform to international standards.
- Strengthening communication between the media, parliament, the judiciary, civil society, and other sectors of society to create a better atmosphere for media freedom.
- Involving the youth in efforts to protect freedom of expression and free media.
- Integrating freedom of expression and freedom of media principles in the educational system.
- Strengthening the role of activists and celebrities in defending freedom of the media.
- Strengthening the partnership between the media and civil society in defending freedom and human rights.
This Pillar includes the following programs and projects:
- The Parliamentary Media Forum.
- The Freedom Messengers Program.
- Empowering Media Skills of Non-Governmental Organization.
- Newspaper in Education Program (NIE)